User Rights and Security
INFORMATION ABOUT HOTLINES AND CONNECTIONS TO THE CONTROL BODIES FOR PROVIDING OF THE NORMAL CONDUCTION OF TOURIST SEASON – SUMMER 2012
|No||Institution||Options for feedback from consumers|
|1||Customs Agency||It administrates the incomes from excise fees, duties and VAT at export; it protects the internal market and citizens; it counteracts to customs, excise and currency violations and crimes.
At the main page of the agency website www.customs.bg there is a section named “Information for Travelers” where citizens can find diverse information about goods, monetary means and valuables, which they can carry in their personal luggage. The veterinary and sanitary requirements for non-commercial travelling with pets in the US and from third-party states are published, as well as the order for carrying of medications and admittance of personal property, imported by physical persons upon moving of their normal location from a third-party state in the community.
At the main page of the website there is also a section named “Reports on violations” where citizens can file a report on violations of the customs and excise legislation, as well as the rights upon intellectual property. These reports can be filed through an online form or on the hotlines: 00359 2 9859 4119 and 00359 2 9859 4140 – every day from 7:30 am to 7:30 pm.
Report on unauthorized actions of customs officials can be filed around the clock on an automatic telephone receiver 00359 2 9859 4499, fax 00359 2 9859 4069 and online on: http://anticorruption.government.bg/content.aspx?p=12 (Bulgarian version), http://customs.bg/en/page/26 (English version).
|2||National Revenue Agency||Since the beginning of 2008, the first contact center in the state administration has been functioning at the National Revenue Agency.
The information center of the National Revenue Agency provides an option for the agency customers to receive replies to all their enquiries related to the National Revenue Agency, and also to file a report on established tax or insurance violation on the phone or through email.
Reports on violations can be filed on the information telephone number of the National Revenue Agency - 0700 18 700, for the price of a local call or through email on the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customers can also file a report on site, in each of the offices of the National Revenue Agency.
|3||National Construction Supervision Directorate||The National Construction Supervision Directorate /NCSD/ exercises control upon the observation of the Law on the Structure of Territory /LST/ and the normative enactments as per its application upon design and construction works, including the use of high-quality construction materials and products with view to the provision of security, safety, accessibility and other normative requirements towards construction sites, and examines and documents constructions failures.
The NCSD exercises control of the legal capacity of the permission, execution, implementation and use of all construction sites on the territory of Republic of Bulgaria, excluding the special sites related to defense and security of the country, as well as the activities of the municipal administrations and the participants in the investment process.
The NCSD is structured in common and specialized administration and it has 6 regional directorates for national construction supervision /RDNCS/ with 28 regional divisions for National Construction Supervision /RD NCS/ at them.
The regional directorates for national construction supervision /RDNCS/ have territorial scope of activity on the territory of the respective regions of level 2 as per the Regional Development Act /RDA/.
Each of the regional directorates for national construction supervision has one regional department for national construction supervision in each administrative area, falling within the respective region of level 2 as per the RDA.
The head of the NCSD:
1. stops illegal construction works;
2. stops construction drawings, parts of them or individual construction and installation works, performed with violations, and gives permission for their continuing after elimination of the violations and payment of the due fees and property sanctions;
3. forbids the access to illegal constructions and construction works performed with violations, and orders the placement of distinctive signs for limiting and not-allowing the access of people and mechanization to construction sites;
4. forbids the provision of electric energy and heating, water and gas to illegal constructions and construction sites performed with violations;
5. forbids the use of construction materials which have not been assessed for conformity with the significant requirements to construction sites, and performs checks at the production sites of the construction products;
6. forbids the use of construction sites or parts of them, which have not been put into operation as per the established order, or are not used as per their intended use, according to the issued construction papers and conditions for putting into operation;
7. forbids the access to construction sites or parts of them, which have not been put into operation as per the established order, or are not used as per their intended use, according to the issued construction papers and conditions for putting into operation, forbids the provision of electric energy and heating, water and gas, and orders the placement or distinctive signs for limiting the access and not allowing people and others;
8. issues permits for use of construction sites or denies their issuance;
9. suggests the deprivation of licenses from consultants for performing assessment of investment projects and/or for exercising construction supervision;
10. issues orders for acceptance of illegal construction works;
11. issues orders for cancellation or amendment of the orders of heads of the regional directorates for national construction supervision, for which no direct juridical control is required, upon the conditions and the order of the Administrative Procedures Code;
12. orders implementation of supportive and restorative measures for not allowing of failures, damages and others at construction sites and parts of them, for which stopping of construction has been applied, or cancellation of construction papers, or their use has been forbidden;
13. issues orders for surveying of construction failures as per the order of a regulation issued by the Minister of Regional Development and Public Works for all construction categories;
14. orders freeing of construction sites and construction platforms from people, mechanization, goods, products, materials, generally dangerous means and others;
15. imposes the sanctions stipulated in the Law on the Structure of Territory.
With its orders, the head of the NCSD has delegated part of their rights to the deputy heads of the NCSD, the heads of the six regional directorates for NCS and the 28 heads of regional departments for NCS.
For provision of permanent feedback of customers:
The NCSD has its own website - www.dnsk.mrrb.government.bg, which, along with the provided email addresses and contact options for connection with the Customer Service Center at the NCSD, the press center of the NCSD and its regional structures, is also used by citizens for filing their reports, comments and enquiries in the competence scope of the directorate as per the LST in the particularly created column named Feedback. The Customer Service Center answers telephone number 02 9159137, fax: 02 952 19 91, from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
Other useful information, related to the competence of the NCSD as per the LST:
By the regulation of Art. 5, par. 2 of the previous and conclusive regulations /PCR/ of the Law on the Structure of Bulgarian Black Sea Coast /LSBBSC/, a one-month term was determined, after the effective date of the law (01.01.2008), in which the illegal sites on the territory of seaside beaches and sites of the technical infrastructure shall be removed by their doers, as in case of non-fulfillment of the regulation, the sites shall be removed by the bodies of the NCSD as per the conditions and the order of the LST.
After the verifications performed by the NCSD at the construction sites along the Black Sea coast in 2008 in relation to the Regulation of Art. 5, par. 2 of the PCR of the LSBBSC, the NCSD had issued orders for removal of 197 constructions built on the territory of the seaside beaches, and 178 have already been removed. 11 of the orders had been canceled by Court, and for three of them the legal procedures have not been completed yet, and the latter had not yet become effective. Signing of a contract with a contractor company for the removal is yet to be made for one of the sites, and for the implementation of the orders for removal of four of the sites with effective orders additional surveys shall be made and projects shall be presented with view to the providing of safe implementation of the removal.
Every year, in relation to fulfillment of the regulations of the LST, as well as in relation to planning of joint verifications with representatives of the Ministry of Regional Development and Public Works on implementation of the regulations of the Law on the Structure of the Black Sea Coast and the Statute Book on applying the Law on Concessions, the obligations as per concession contracts and contracts for rent of seaside beaches, by order of the head of the NCSD verifications are ordered in the areas of Burgas, Varna and Dobrich. At the beginning of summer season 2011 the bodies of the NCSD had performed checks at 42 seaside beaches, situated to the south of Cape Emine, and 17 beach lines to the north of Cape Emine. Two orders for forbidding the access and use were issued for established illegal use of two constructions, located at the seaside beach Nesebar South, and administrative and penal proceedings against the established violators were formed.
In all cases of received reports and claims, the bodies of the NCSD perform checks and take the required following actions and measures according to the regulations of the LST. Checks at sites, including along the Black Sea coast, are also performed in relation to regularly exercised control by the bodies of the NCSD on persons exercising construction supervision.
After the check in 2008 as per the LSBBSC, the NCSD have performed regular checks along the seaside beaches, where the following illegal constructions have been established on the territory of Dobrich Municipality: “Panoramic terraces” and “Concrete floorings”, for which a total of 12 orders for removal have been issued, as all of them have been fulfilled in the first quarter of 2012. Another illegal construction established after 2008, with an issued order for removal, is a catering establishment named “Korsari”, located at the beach “Mobi Dick” in Balchik Municipality. The order was brought before Court of Appeal, and the legal proceedings have not been completed yet.
Other three illegal construction sites have also been established, for which administrative procedures as per the order of Art. 225 of the LST have been initiated for their removal, as follows: an illegal construction site of a catering establishment had been established on seaside beach “Kranevo South”, Aksakovo Municipality, for which an order for removal had been issued; an illegal construction site with unclear purpose, built on the sand line in close proximity to a pier had been established on the seaside beach “Panorama”, Varna Municipality, for which an order for removal is to be issued; an illegal construction site of an open-air swimming pool next to “Zheravi” hotel, partially falling within the concession territory on the seaside beach “Sunny Beach - Central”, Nesebar Municipality, for which an order had been issued for removal of the part made in deviation of the construction papers.
It shall be taken into consideration that the regulation of Art. 15 of the LSBBSC forbids the performance of construction and installation works on the resort territories of localities, resorts, resort complexes and vacation settlements along the Black Sea coast from May 15 to October 1. Exclusion is only allowed for emergency repair works.
In this respect, the NCSD does not specify dates for effective implementation of orders for removal of illegal constructions along the Black Sea coast in the specified (summer) period, but this shall not stop the activities of the NCSD as per the order of Regulation No 13/2001 for forceful removal of illegal constructions along the Black Sea coast, as the conduction of the procedures of election of contractors for removals and concluding of contracts with them continues during the summer season. The data on the type and location of the illegal constructions along the Black Sea coast with effective orders for removal, as well as the activities of the NCSD, including the dates for forceful removal, are published every month in the public register of the NCSD website.
In terms of clearing the construction sites of construction waste materials piled upon removal of illegal constructions, on the Black Sea coast as well as in the inland part of the country, it should be taken into consideration that it is regulated by Regulation No 13/2001 on the forceful removal of illegal constructions that the final clearing of the construction site from construction waste materials, obtained upon the removal of an illegal construction, and the restoration of the site, shall be performed by the municipality/region of location of the construction site at the expense of the person performing the illegal construction.
Control on the implementation of the construction ban in the resort territories of localities, resorts, resort complexes and vacation settlements along the Black Sea coast from May 15 to October 1 is exercised by the respective municipal administration, where reports in case of established performance of construction activities shall be filed.
|The Automobile Administration Executive Agency exercises control on the observing of the requirements of the normative enactments in public transportation of travelers, performed by motor vehicles with Bulgarian and foreign registration in the country, the transportation of passengers using passenger taximeter vehicles, as well as any documents related to such transportation.
The options which we provide for provision of a permanent feedback from customers, are through telephones with the regional departments of “Control Activity – State Automobile Inspectorate”, a direct telephone number for reports and violations in transport: 02/940 9400, as well as on the following email address: email@example.com.
Information which would be useful for Bulgarian and foreign tourists:
In relation to transportation of passengers with passenger taximeter vehicles, it is important for every person who likes to pass along a specific route to know the following:
The taximeter vehicle must be permanently painted in yellow or green color (for hybrid vehicles). It must be marked with the sign “Taxi”, illuminated in the dark part of the day. Every taximeter vehicle must have an inscription on its front doors containing the name and the telephone number of the driver, as well as to have a sticker at a visible place outside and inside the vehicle containing information about: name of the driver, price for passing 1 km as per tariff per day and night, the price for calling, and initial fee. The taximeter automobile must be equipped with electronic meter.
Upon performance of transportation with a passenger taximeter vehicle the driver must compulsorily activate the meter and in the end of the transportation they must issue a fiscal bond for the performed transportation and an invoice, if the passenger wishes so. The passenger shall pay the price corresponding to the electronic taximeter device.
The passenger shall have the right to choose the vehicle by which the transportation will be performed, regardless of its place in the column of waiting taximeter vehicles.
The driver may refuse to transport passengers, if they assume that their safety is endangered, if the passenger is visibly intoxicated, or if they are dressed in clothes or carry luggage or pets which could potentially make the vehicle dirty.
Upon transportation of passengers along the autobus lines, it is important to know the following:
The driver of a public transportation vehicle performs transportation only according to an established route schedule, as they are obliged to observe and stop only at bus stations and bus stops specified in the schedule.
Upon handing of a particular luggage for transportation in the luggage department of the bus, the driver is obliged to issue and attach a receipt to the luggage. If a person does not have a chance to buy a ticket from the pay-desks, the bus driver must sell them such a ticket in the vehicle.
|5||Criminal Police General Directorate||The Criminal Police General Directorate has the following basic tasks and activities as per the Ministry of Interior Act:
According to Art. 52 (1) The Criminal Police General Directorate is a national specialized structure for operative investigation, preventive and informational analytic activity as per prevention, counteracting, investigation and detection of crimes, excluding organized criminal activity.
(2) For performance of the tasks as per par. 1 the Criminal Police General Directorate performs activities in relation to:
1. prevention, averting and warding of crimes;
2. investigation of crimes;
3. detection of crimes;
4. searching for search defendants and culprits who had escaped from penal prosecution; sentenced persons who had evaded from serving their term of punishment; missing persons, as well as other persons, in the cases as provided by law;
5. searching for personal items:
A) subject or means of performance of a crime;
B) which can serve as proof in a penal procedure;
C) acquired by criminal activity;
D) for which there is a report for searching in the Schengen information system;
6. identifying of persons;
7. direction, assistance and supervision of the respective offices in the regional directorates upon performance of activities as per clauses 1, 3-6;
8. methodical guidance of the activity as per investigation of crimes in the general and regional directorates.
For performance of their tasks and activities, as per the law, the Criminal Police General Directorate has the following rights, specified in the Statutes book on the application of the Ministry of Interior Act:
Art. 75 On the implementation of the activity the bodies of the Criminal Police General Directorate:
· Perform operation and searching activity, when they can offer a solution as per the tactical organization of the work and collection of information in the regional directorates of the Ministry of Interior;
· Participate in the prevention, detection and investigation of crimes;
· Exercise methodical guidance and control, and provide practical assistance to the structural bodies in the regional directorates of the Ministry of Interior in any direction of activity;
· Perform analysis of the heavy crimes, their doers, and harmed people, and the doers of analogical crimes, with view to finding typical or specific characteristics, required for the detection;
· Examine and determine criminal structures and the connections between them;
· Organize and perform searching of persons and objects, and identification of dead bodies and persons;
· Perform police registration;
· Perform expert verification and expertise;
· Perform research and assessment of the methods and the police tactics applied in counteraction against crime, as they can make propositions for perfecting the organization of operative search activity;
The performance of connection for citizens, Bulgarian or foreign, with structures of the Ministry of Interior, who wish to file a report, is made through the regional directorates of the police on the territory where the incident or accident had happened, or the respective regional directorate of the Ministry of Interior, as well as the “National System 112”. Citizens can contact the Criminal Police General Directorate at their email firstname.lastname@example.org or at the following web address: http://gdkp.mvr.bg/contactus.htm.
|6||Security Police General Directorate and Border Police General Directorate||According to the Bulgarian legislation all employees of the Ministry of Interior have control functions in terms of the implementation of the regulations of municipalities on observance of public order in all populated places, including resort complexes. Besides, they also take part upon performance of local checks of other institutions (the National Revenue Agency, the State Veterinary and Sanitary Control Commission, the General Labor Inspectorate Executive Agency, etc.).
The Security Police General Directorate has control and methodical functions over the departments/sections of Traffic Police in the Metropolitan Internal Affairs Directorate and the Regional Directorates of the Ministry of Interior in the country. In relation to the tourist season, officials of those territorial structures perform supervision on traffic rules on the roads and have direct contact with citizens.
Telephone number 112 is for emergencies, where officials of the Ministry of Interior answer. You can find detailed information about its activity on the website www.112.mvr.bg.
Security Police General Directorate also has a website: www.gdop.mvr.bg, where foreigners can file reports, proposals and claims, as well as report performed violations by police officials against them. There are links on the site which direct to making verifications by fines liabilities and the traffic conditions in the country.
The Border Police General Directorate provides the following telephone numbers and a web address for permanent feedback upon receiving reports by citizens - 02/983 1865; 02/982 4262; email@example.com.
The Ministry of Interior worked together with the winter and summer resort complexes in order to draw up information brochures in various languages containing directions for actions of tourists in various risk situations.
Applications for “Harmed Person” and “Lost Personal Property” have been drawn up in various languages.
|7||Ministry of Internal Affairs, Consular Relations Directorate||The directorate provides the following telephone numbers for provision of information within the business hours from 09:00 am to 5:30 pm, as follows:
- on visa enquiries: +359 2 948 3016
- on general consultation enquiries not related to visas: +359 2 948 2005
- in terms of legalizations and certifications: +359 2 807 64 23; +359 2 807 64 26
Fax: +359 2 971 36 20 on consular enquiries not related to visas
Fax: +359 2 971 28 42 on correspondence not related to visas
|8||Road Infrastructure Agency||For providing of maximum information to citizens on the condition of the road network in the country, the Road Infrastructure Agency daily publishes on its website: http://www.api.government.bg/, in the section “Information on the condition of republican roads” topical information in Bulgarian language, which includes:
I. Meteorological condition
II. Condition of highways
III. Applied limitations on the basic road directions
IV. Condition of the republican road network
V. Accidents occurred
The agency website also presents maps of the road network of Republic of Bulgaria and maps of the planned repair works (only in Bulgarian language).
The telephone number for enquiries on the road conditions is 0700 1 30 20. The telephone numbers for public information are: 02 9173 487, 9173 407, fax: 02 9888 132.
Fees for use of the road infrastructure
Drivers of passenger vehicles with up to 8+1 seats shall pay for a vignette sticker for using the republican roads. Depending on the validity period, the following vignette stickers are issued for the respective prices:
Type of sticker – Price in BGN
For a week – 10
For a month – 25
For a year -67
The vignette stickers can be bought on entering the country at a Border Control Point, as well as on the inside of the county – at gas stations, in post stations and other distribution places.
A fine of 300 BGN for passenger vehicles and up to 3000 BGN for freight vehicles shall be paid in case of a lack of a valid vignette sticker.
|9||Bulgarian Food Safety Agency||The Ministry of Agriculture and Foods through the Bulgarian Food Safety Agency performs control on safety and quality of foods. The Bulgarian Foods Safety Agency is the competent state body that performs official supervision in terms of the requirements for food quality and safety along the entire food chain, excluding the bottled natural mineral, spring and table waters.
For provision of contact with consumers in the tourist sites during the Summer season 2012 – in cases of incidents or potential violations concerning food safety and quality, traded and prepared at the sites on the territory of the resort complexes, recreation stations, etc., the Agency provides the following data and contact persons:
· Consumer hotline - +359-0700-122-99. The officials that answer it accept reports from 08:00 am to 9:00 pm, seven days a week.
· The service “File a report online” is also maintained on the website of the Bulgarian Food Safety Agency. The Agency website address is: www.babh.government.bg.
· Contacts with the heads of the regional directorates of food safety in Burgas, Varna and Dobrich:
· Daniela Kepekova, MD – Head of the Regional Food Safety Directorate – Burgas, tel. +359-56-813-277 and +359-884-331-725, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Zhivka Maneva, MD – Head of the Regional Food Safety Directorate – Varna, tel. +359-52-655-801 and +359-889-392-222, email: email@example.com.
· Rozalina Braykova, MD – Head of the Regional Food Safety Directorate - Dobrich, tel. +359-58-602-053 and +359-888-203-510, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|10||Marine Administration Executive Agency||The Marine Administration Executive Agency performs functions related to the control upon the boat navigation regime, including boats used for sports, tourism and entertainment, in the Bulgarian marine areas and along the Danube river. The control is also applied in relation to the navigation areas and regions, regulations on prevention of crashes, boats safety from technical and exploitation point of view. It controls the teams on navigable boats in terms of their competence and their ability to perform their obligations.
Besides, the Agency performs supervision in the areas where water entertainment services using navigable boats are provided along the beaches, the observance of the borders specified for these purposes, as well as supervision in relation to pollution of sea and river area by boats. It also performs supervision in the ports and the installation for quayage of boats in terms of their safety. The supervision is performed by officials of the Marine Administration Executive Agency who identify themselves by identification cards.
The Marine Administration Executive Agency accepts information on irregularities and violations related to the navigation regime, safety of boats and ports, and answers enquiries on the topic on telephone number 112 of the National System 112, on which Marine Administration is an operator; on telephone number 02 9409400 in the Ministry of Transport, Information Technologies and Communications (hotline) – for reports on irregularities and obtaining of an answer by the person who files the report /notification works 24/7; on telephone numbers 052 603264/, 052 603268/, 052 633067 and 0888952113 in the Marine Rescue Coordination Center – for obtaining reports for endangered navigable boats and people, searching and saving of people and boats, for pollution of the sea environment /the telephone numbers work 24/7/; on the following email – email@example.com – for sending of reports and claims related to the activity and the control functions of the Agency.
Tourists who use beaches where providing of water entertainment services using navigable boats is available are notified not to enter the designated and specified corridors for use by navigable boats. Tourists who use water entertainment services with navigable boats need to require the persons providing these services to conduct and document safety instructions, to provide them with a rescue vest, and during the entire time of using the service they shall be dressed in rescue vests. Information on the areas for providing water entertainment services with navigable boats along the Bulgarian Black Sea coast can be found on the following website: www.marad.bg. Tourists need to know that when using navigable crafts for a trip of transportation from a harbor to another the team of the navigable craft shall be obliged to conduct passenger instruction at start-up on the safety rules, as in case of emergency the directions given by the team shall be observed. In order to ensure the navigation safety of Bulgarian and foreign navigable crafts for sports, tourism and entertainment, they need to know the places of placement of nets and shell farms. Information about the location of nets and shell farms can be obtained on the following website: www.marad.bg (in the sections Topical, To the attention of Bulgarian boat owners, Schemes of placement of shell plantations and nets along the Bulgarian Black Sea coast). It is a human obligation, and a request to all people who notice people or boats wrecked in the sea, to immediately inform the Marine Rescue Coordination Center on any of the telephone numbers: 052 603264/ 052 603268/ 052 633067 and 0888952113. Citizens are requested, in case they notice pollution of the sea with petrol or wastes of navigable boat to file information on any of the telephone numbers working around the clock with details about the navigable craft, if this is possible. It is desirable, upon using of navigable crafts for a trip or transportation from one port to another that passengers shall follow on the observance of the allowable number of people who get on board of the navigable craft, which is declared at the boarding line, and in case of overloading – to provide information on any of the abovementioned telephone numbers.
|11||Consumer Protection Commission||The Consumer Protection Commission /CPC/ is the specialized state body on the problems of consumer protection, and it is one of the main bodies supervising the internal market. Some of the basic directions of its activity are: the supervision of the general safety of goods and services on Bulgarian market, the protection of the fundamental consumer’s rights, commercial practices and means of sale, etc. The commission has control rights on series of normative enactments regulating consumer protection. These normative enactments provide regulation on the consumer rights, the obligations of dealers, the contents of administrative violations and the sanctions stipulated for them. The normative enactment which provides the general regulation of consumer protection is the Consumer Protection Act /CPA, promulgated in the State Gazette, issue 99 of 9.12.2005, effective as of 10.06.2006/, according to which the CPC is stipulated as the basic control body.
The Consumer Protection Commission is one of the control bodies on observance of the requirements of the Tourism Act. The Consumer Protection Commission performs following supervision on the observance of the requirements:
1. towards tour operators and tourist agents;
2. on categorization of tourist sites – means of shelter, accommodation places, catering and entertainment establishments, beaches, ski tracks and tourist chalets;
3. of Art. 3 а of the Tourism Act /Denying of providing of tourist services and tourist sites is not allowed, as well as their provision with lower quality and under more unfavorable conditions, based on the indications as per Art. 4, par. 1 of the Law on Protection Against Discrimination. The persons providing tourist services in tourist sites are obliged to declare their prices in uniform amount for all tourists, as no different treatment of tourists is allowed or placement of part of them under different treatment compared to another part of them, based on indications as per Art. 4, par. 1 of the Law on Protection Against Discrimination. The requirements are also applied in the cases when the declared prices for tourist services are specified on the internet, in advertisements and commercial brochures and issues, as well as in radio and television broadcasts/.
As a result of the performed control, the Customer Protection Commission imposes fines and property sanctions, notifies the categorizing bodies on non-fulfillment of specific legal regulations, imposes forceful administrative measure “temporary closing of a tourist site”, and notifies the registration body in the cases of systematic violations of the Tourism Act.
Since the establishment of a Consumer Protection Commission, the institution has been having an open telephone line for acceptance of reports and providing of consultation to consumers.
Since 2006 this option has been significantly optimized also on the following telephone number 0700 111 22 – National consumers hotline, for the price of a local call it accepts calls from the entire country. Since 2007 the hotline has been serviced around the clock, as well as on holidays and weekends. Within the business hours of the institution the hotline is serviced by experts on duty, and in the rest of the time – by specially trained operators.
The hotline accepts reports on violated consumer rights, stipulated in the Consumer Protection Act, Tourism Act and other normative enactments, in which the Consumer Protection Commission has stipulated rights. Each call is recorded in a special register, and checks are made based on the accepted reports within the legally stipulated terms. Customers are notified on the results of the performed checks on the telephone numbers provided for connection with them. In the cases when an address is provided, the replies are in writing.
The national consumer’s hotline also accepts reports which essence is stipulated in other enactments, in which the CPC does not have any rights. In these cases the reports are sent to the respective body in writing.
The national hotline also provides consultations to citizens on their consumer rights, as well as on the legal regulations and the competent body according to the subject of each call – public services, obligation and legal civil relations, public transportation, public services, etc.
Electronically, reports and claims can be filed on: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In 2012 the Customer Protection Commission will continue the tradition to open in the summer season temporary reception halls on the Black Sea coast territory.
For the Northern Black Sea coast the reception halls are in the city of Varna, in the resort complex Golden Sands and in the resort complex Albena, and on the Southern Black Sea coast – in the city of Burgas, the resort complex Sunny Beach, the town of Sozopol and the town of Primorsko:
§ resort complex Albena – Dobrudzha hotel, office 4 /PERGOLA/, tel. 0579 6 20 07, business hours: from Monday to Friday from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm
§ resort complex Golden Sands – administrative building of Golden Sands JSC, fl. 2, room 200, tel. 052 355 623, business hours: from Monday to Friday from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm
§ city of Varna, 112 Vladislav Varnenchik Blvd, fl.4, office 13, tel. 052 603 778, business hours: from Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
§ town of Sozopol, 2 Khan Krum Square, the building of Sozopol Municipality – ground floor, senior inspector Valentin Belchev, cell: 0894849412, business hours: Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
§ town of Primorsko – 56 Treti Mart Str., the building of Primorsko Municipality – ground floor, Tourist Information Center, tel. 0550 32466, senior inspector Valentin Belchev, cell: 0894849412, business hours: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
§ resort complex Sunny Beach – administrative building of Sunny Beach JSC, tel. 0554 22106, business hours: from Monday to Friday from 10:00 am 4:00 pm
§ city of Burgas, 16 Tsar Kaloyan Str., tel. 056 841246, business hours: from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
The Consumer Protection Commission actively works on informing users on their rights, on information that they shall receive and in relation to which they can make an informed choice when buying goods and services. For this purpose the Commission has drawn up various brochures, information and a website of the institution, and various campaigns and initiatives, etc. are conducted. In this respect, the basic pieces of advice for tourists depending on the type of sites, are as follows:
Means of shelter and accommodation places:
Ø At the moment of accommodation in a hotel, customers shall pay attention to the inscription placed at the tourist site, and if it corresponds to the information that the consumer has preliminarily had.
Ø It shall be taken into consideration that the services that a three-star or a four-star hotel provides can be different. Even larger is the difference in services offered in a family hotel or a holiday station.
Ø It is important to know that the certificate for categorization or the temporary certificate for started procedure of site categorization shall be placed at a visible place at the reception desk.
Ø Attention shall be paid on the declared prices for stay and the other additionally offered services, which shall also be placed at a visible place at the reception desk, and they shall be declared in Bulgarian leva.
Ø Every customer shall require a payment document, on the grounds of which, in case of reclamation, they shall be able to declare their claims towards the tradesperson.
Catering and entertainment establishments:
Ø Attention shall be paid to the list and card menus, if they observe the respective weighs and selling prices, which shall be declared in Bulgarian leva.
Ø It is important to know that the list and card menus shall be provided to each customer before ordering and at the moment of handing the bill.
Ø Sale document shall be compulsory requested.
Tour operators and tourist agents:
At registration and payment of organized group and individual tourist trips with a common price, consumers shall pay attention to the following:
• The product may only be provided by a registered tour operator or tourist agent, who has a certificate placed at a visible place in their office;
• To make a selection, the customer must be notified on the conditions and duration of the trip, and its price;
• The provided information on the organized trips must be accurate and complete, and it shall not lead into delusion;
• A contract for an organized trip in writing shall be signed at each organized trip, as one copy of it shall be for the consumer;
• After conclusion of the contract for organized trip, a voucher shall be issued;
• It is important for the customer to request presenting of the insurance contract, concluded by the tour operator and covering their responsibility for caused harms following non-repayment with their contractors, including in case of insolvency and bankruptcy. In case it is not presented, the consumer shall have the right to decline the concluded contract for organized trip, without owing a default or compensation, as this declining shall be made in writing before the beginning of the trip.
• An important issue is the filing of reclamations. The contract shall specify in details the requests on form, manners and terms, in which reclamation shall be filed in the cases of non-fulfillment or inaccurate fulfillment of the contract.
Consumers shall pay attention to what shall be done at the site during the trip – a protocol, notifying of a representative, term of notifying the tour operator, etc.;
• The tour operator shall be responsible for each non-fulfillment of their contractual obligations, regardless of whether these obligations shall be performed by them or by their contractors.
It is also important:
o for consumers to be informed about the tour operator – information about the registered persons is available on the website of the Ministry of Economy, Energy and Tourism: www.mее.government.bg.
o to visit their offices,
o to require preliminary information,
o to read the contracts, regardless of their font and size,
o to require a document for the paid amounts.